Local volunteers and people keen to support organisations which are helping the elderly and vulnerable through lockdown are being invited to further develop their skills.
On Friday 19th February 2021, Witton Lodge Community Association is facilitating a Food Hygiene training session for people who are currently volunteering with Erdington based food delivery services or food banks.
In addition, anyone interested in becoming a volunteer can also take part.
Scott Baldwin, Volunteer Development Worker at Witton Lodge said: “This Level 2 award supports learners to achieve the knowledge and understanding of a subject relevant to their work setting.”
The one day course:
- Gives an understanding of what bacteria is and how it grows
- Identifies what a hazard is
- Gives an understanding of sources of bacteria and how we can prevent food poisoning
- Gives an understanding the importance of personal hygiene, good housekeeping and a clean pest free environment
- Gives an awareness of all correct temperatures
- Gives a knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation
If you are interested in taking part in this training, which will be delivered online via digital platform Zoom, please call Scott Baldwin on 0121 382 1930 or email: Scott.firstname.lastname@example.org