WLCA offers a wide range of support services to help our tenants and residents of all ages to find a job and training to support this. We offer the following:
- IAG (Information Advice and Guidance) sessions which are arranged with an Employment Adviser. These are an ideal opportunity to discuss your situation and the help and support we can provide going forward.
- An Assessment Needs Analysis complete with an Action Plan to ensure we provide you with the correct advice and support.
- Advice on training courses accredited and non-accredited delivered locally.
- Self-Development / Employability workshops.
Our Job Club is an excellent opportunity to get free 1-2-1 advice about anything Jobs and Skills related. We can help with the following:
- CV Advice
- Help with CV Writing
- Job Search
- Interview Skills and Techniques
- Digital Literacy
- Basic Numeracy and English
- Confidence Building
- Advice about Training Courses available
- Volunteering Opportunities
- and anything related to jobs and skills.
No appointment is needed, just drop in to one of our sessions and discuss any questions you have in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Job Club takes place weekly at the following times and venues:
Tuesdays: 2 – 5pm at Kingstanding Library (at the Circle), Kingstanding Road, B44 9ST,
Wednesdays: 10am – 1pm at Lakeside Children’s Centre, Lakes Road, Wyrley Birch, B23 7UH,
Thursdays: 2 – 4pm at Perry Common Library, 380 College Road, Birmingham B44 0HH.
For more information call Paul on 0121 382 1930 or email Paul.Tse@wittonlodge.org.uk. You can also come into our office at Perry Common Community Hall between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.